Saturday, November 14, 2009

perspectives of time

Time is cruising by here. The middle of November is here and my time in Copenhagen is getting less and less. That is all in the perspective of the time keeper though. Similar to the tune I sang to Shawna and Corey as they were preparing to leave Amsterdam, the time I have remaining here is more than most get to spend in Europe, let alone to embrace one amazing place. I still have over 6 weeks left in my adventure, and to let hindsight creep into my outlook would be selling my time short, as there are still many experiences to be had.

On the nearest horizon, I have managed a company funded business trip to Sweden on Monday. I will drive with Jesper 4 hrs to Gothenburg, Sweden's second largest population center behind Stockholm. I have 2 interviews set up with companies to talk about the research I am doing for my thesis project. I will meet with a large architectural firm, and with Skanska. Skanska is a Swedish global contracting and development company, who has operations as far away as Oregon. They are a very well run company with an ethical mission of sustainbility that drives there operations. 2 nights in a hotel in the city center should allow a nice peek into Gothenburg, and I am looking forward to it.

My term project is narrowing nicely, and I have a good line on having a finished product ready to hand in and present by the end of the term. I am managing a well balanced approach of academic theory and practical function, which will hopefully allow for a recommendation that will be of actual use for BASF in the future when approaching new markets with varying energy efficiency innovations.

I am looking into a weekend trip to Berlin next weekend with a couple friends. Nothing is set yet, but the idea is funneling toward decision time. And more exciting, in only 2 weeks from today I will no longer be completely surrounded by no lover! Vanessa comes in right after Thanksgiving and will stay with me until we fly home together on the 2nd of January.

Since posting last I have seen my first live football match, where the home town FC Kobenhavn played a team from Holland to a 1 - 1 tie. My friend Natalies parents were in town, and her mom opted out of her midfield ticket 10 rows up, and I reaped the benefits. Good times.


And I checked out a cool visually aided musical composition by an American DJ. DJ spooky (appropriate on Friday the 13th). Pretty impressive piece of experiential music. This is part of a pretty incredible film festival that is going on in Copenhagen right now. CPH DOX. lots of interesting films and heady displays of talent. It is a daunting task of prioritizing and scheduling, considering how much is going on with this festival.

Good stuff... all over the place.

No comments: