Sunday, September 13, 2009

More input...

These past 2 weeks have been a marathon of information to digest on a wide array of topics. There has been on average 40 pgs of reading per daily class session, around which a leading CBS professor from each topic area lectures for 4 hrs.

The topics are:
The Entrepreneurial Process – A Framework
Introducing Denmark: Business and Society in a Small Advanced Economy
Managing Creative People Globally
The Dynamics of Management Consulting
Managing Small High-Tech Firms in Networks
Venture Capital Management
Entrepreneurship and Internationalization
Inter-firm Cooperation: Alliances, Acquisitions, and International Technology Transfer
Rules of the Game in the Global Economy
International Management of Intellectual Property

It has been a very interesting 2 weeks, and I am looking forward to the final week before the internship begins. Beyond the topic range, there are a host of global perspectives in the course to further enrich the experience. While it is a notably less questioning and all around different mix of characters than I have grown used to in our tight knit cohort at PSU, I am taking the half full perspective that I was growing complacent in my comfortable scene and that envelope is now again being pushed.

I have a meeting with a very interesting Danish Bank tomorrow after class as well. Merkur Bank. But now I will continue my reading!

No comments: